What the HECK is Retargeting?

with No Comments

What the HECK is Retargeting?It is no surprise that generally 2% of online shoppers convert on the first visit to an online store. Using retargeting strategies can bring back the other 98% of online shoppers to ultimately convert in additional visits. Retargeting works by keeping track of people who visit your site and displaying your retargeting ads to them as they visit other websites online.

As an advertiser, retargeting campaigns can be the most effective if you segment your gathering of your retargeting audiences (eg, people who looked at boots vs. sandals). This will allow you to customize the ads shown to each retargeting group drive more conversions.

It is also good to keep in mind that different products warrant different retargeting time windows. (Eg, people shopping for travel should be retargeted immediately; people shopping for automobiles should be retargeted later.)

Retargeting generates greater online sales by keeping your brand in front of those that are already interested in your products and brings them back they’re ready to buy. We have seen that high click-through rates and increased conversions are typical with retargeting campaigns.