Choozle provides the tools for you to run successful programmatic digital marketing campaigns and target your audience. But what types of targeting yields the highest click through rates, and the lowest CPM? We analyzed the performance of all campaigns in June and found that Choozle delivers exceeding results in campaign performance.
To review, Choozle offers a number of different types of targeting tactics to optimize your audience.
- Retargeting: this type of targeting allows you to target people who visited your website, but did not convert, therefore drawing them back in to visit your website once again.
- Contextual: this type of targeting allows you to target people based on their identity.
- Behavioral: this type of targeting allows you to use data to target your correct audience.
- Geo-location targeting: This type of targeting allows you to target people based on their location, down to as granular as zip codes. Every Choozle campaign has some sort of geo-location targeting.
- Mix: A mix is when any of the above four targeting strategies are layered on top of one another.
In the chart above, you can see a summary of Choozle campaigns’ performance in terms of click through rate. Immediately you can see the average CTR across all targeting types and campaigns are 0.16%, meaning every 16 of 1000 people who are served impressions click on the ad. In terms of the individual targeting categories, each has a very strong CTR as well, with retargeting and contextual taking the lead at 0.59% and 0.20% respectively, and then behavioral, geo-location, and mix following closely at 0.16%, 0.13%, and 0.08%. The reason retargeting yields such a high click through rate is that the people you are targeting have already demonstrated an interest in your product, so, therefore, they will be more likely to click on the ad.
Next, we looked at the CPM associated with the different targeting campaigns. We found that retargeting and behavioral cost the most, which is not surprising based on data usage. The average overall CPM across all campaign was $3.72.
While some CPMs may be higher than others within targeting types, those might be more effective for your digital marketing needs. When talking to our Client Success team, you will be able to determine what your targeting needs are and what direction your campaign should go. Overall, Choozle is a simple and successful platform to fit all of your programmatic needs!